Monday, October 13, 2008
Today to celebrate the "holiday" and the beautiful 85 degree weather, we went to Avila Barn (which has a petting zoo and lots of treats). Brecken loved the animals and Tim & I loved the fudge!
In other news, I have been "tagged" (thanks, Camie) and, thus, must post 7 previously unknown facts about myself, so here goes:
1. Brecken doesn't call me "mama," he very clearly (and loudly) calls me "Arya."
2. I have run 2 marathons: Kansas City, MO 2003 and Logan, UT 2004.
3. I am obsessed with my split ends. I can spend hours looking for split ends, literally.
4. I like creepy TV shows, such as Dexter and The Sopranos.
5. I have been married for 4 1/2 years.
6. Tim & I were married in the Denver, CO temple.
7. I have moved 11 times in my life, not including college (17 times if you count college).
Now, I get to pick 7 people to tag, who have to post 7 unknown facts about themselves. My choices are (drumroll, please): Elizabeth Z., Carolynn C., Amy V., Kiwi A., Vanessa S., Lindsey W., and Brooke J.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
So, I don't know how anyone else spent their Saturday, but we...rode our bikes 100 miles! Yes, that's right. 100 MILES! On Sept. 27, Tim, his brother Matt, and his dad Ernie, and I all completed the Lighthouse Century. The course runs along the California coast, up Highway 1 past San Simeon & Hearst Castle up to Piedras Blancas past the lighthouse and back. It took us 9 very long hours and we were so tired & sore afterwards! But it was exhilirating and we had a good time.
I'll post some better pictures later...when I get around to it.